Saturday, February 7, 2009

first fish of 09'

Man what a way to start off the 09' season!! First cast I make I land a 14" bow. He put up one hell of a fight too. At first I thought it was just gonna be a small one from the way he started playin me. But, after about 2 minutes of a good fight he decides to do a leap, and that's when I saw him.
Big, fat, and aiming for the fryin pan!!! after about I'd say a fight of about 15 minutes or so I finally got him landed. Was I ever suprised when I did, minus the net I forgot at home, cause he was around 14 inches, and FAT!! I even took a picture, but thats when murpheys law hit me.
I had brought him up on shore to take a pic with my camera phone, and when I went to place him back in the water....I FORGOT TO SAVE THE PIC!!! So after I released him, and realized I wanted to get another pic, and save it this time, I didnt get a bit the rest of the morning. Oh well, even though I didnt get the pic, I still have the memory of the first nice fish of 09'.

1 comment:

troutbirder said...

been there done that... Now go get his big uncle! Nice pics too.