Monday, January 17, 2011

Wow it's been awhile.

Been gone awhile, and really hasnt been much fun. I've tied alot, fished abit, and haven't blogged about any of it. I just recently got back into tying deer hair poppers, and having a blast with em. I need to get to the fly shop n grab some more hooks, definatly some gsp, and alot more deer hair.
Different colored hair would be nice to get too. I'll have too see what thier selection is like. I want to get some wild colors to start tying with. Hot pinks, greens, red, black, yellow, orange,blue. Just all kinds of colors to spice up the flies. Not sure about the kinds of hooks I'm gonna get yet, maybe some bass stingers.
I've been tying some nice looking flies lately, although having only natural colored hair, they aren't all that great. Need to get some thinning scissors, gsp, stinger hooks, a hair packer, and definatly different colored deer hair.
Snow is everywhere, so there's no sense in even looking at My rods yet. Although, I do need to see about getting some new fly lines this season. I'm sure that after 6 years there abit worn out. Although they still look great after all them fights, but the tapers are all worn out n gone.
Well I guess I'm gonna go try n tie a few more with the hair, and hooks I have left. Hopefully I can get to the shop in a couple of weeks n get a few more supplies before cabin fever sets in, and I start trying to catch fish outta peoples fish aquariums.

No comments: