Sunday, February 27, 2011

Bass Bugs II





Well, I've been tying alot of bass bugs lately. The problem I've come to find is being I'm either fishing from shore, or wading it's gonna make it hard to keep My bugs on me, without being crushed. I've looked n looked for fly boxes with some depth, and haven't been able to come up with anything as of yet.
So far, My best option is to use a smaller plano type box, fill it with the flies needed, and slip in in the back of My fly vest so I can pull em out when needed. I was looking at the bugger barns, but it don't seem as thought they would be deep enough to keep the flies in it, without em getting crushed.
Think I might have to keep My eyes open for some kind of a box, that I can modify that won't be too bulky to fit in a vest, and still be roomy enough to fit all the flies in without crushing em. So far the 2nd, n 4th pics seem to be the box to go with.

2 comments:

Dustin's Fly Box said...

wow, looks like you have been busy! Good job

flyfishingtaz said...

Yea, just abit. With all the snow and ice lately I haven't had a chance to do any fishing, so it's all tying right now.