Monday, February 28, 2011

I SEE WATER!!!!

Finally after alot of rain, and some warmer days we're starting to see some water. It's not by any means fishing water yet. Too murky, and running way too fast to be fishable, but the signs of ice melting, and ducks swimming in water is a great sign that winter is almost past, and the days of fishing are about to begin.
Been tying alot of deer hair bass bugs, and that's great for later in the season....but I gotta start cracking down on divers, and any other sub surface patterns for this summer. Oh, hoppers too. need to tie lots of hoppers, and dragonfly patterns. I need to get an 8wt too. I only got My 4 n 5 wts for trout, so definatly gonna need another 8wt for the summer.
Need to get a gear bag, a new rod, and reel, some furled leaders, and a few more boxes for all the flies that keep popping outta my vise so far. This is gonna be the summer that will be burned in my memory for years to come. This is gonna be the year where I catch lots of fish, and fish alot of new places as well. Until next time, tight lines.

1 comment:

Wes917 said...

I hear ya. I just walked down to check how lake erie was doing with the slightly warmer temps and all the rain we had. It's still frozen along the shore, but I can see section of moving water between the frozen shore and the ice that's out a ways. It's just a good sign, can't wait to get some of these new bugs wet.