Monday, March 7, 2011

Well I got in trouble this weekend.

Myself, and my little buddy 'that's what I call one one of the gf's daughters' went to the fly shop on saturday, and spent a few bucks on some supplies. By a few bucks, I mean I just about wiped out the checking acct, and she wasn't very happy when she seen it. Well, at least me n the little buddy had fun. Bought about 8 different color deer hair patches, a foam body cutter (MUST GET MORE OF THESE), some trimming scissors, a few packages of yellow rubber legs, as well as an orange/yellow/metallic colored legs, and some thread for tying up the deer hair patterns.
I think she had fun while she was there. Other then a trip to a bass pro shop when I lived in Missouri, she had never been in a fly shop before. She had seen what they have to offer on websites, and the things I've brought home, but never went to an actual fly shop and looked around. Well, let's just say she had a blast. The owner of the shop is a really nice older gentleman, and as soon as we walked in he told her to follow him, cause he had something for her. Well, it turned out he has his own candy dispenser (like an old bubble gum machine) so she got to chow down on m&m's while we shopped.
Part of why I got in trouble was having so much fun watching her pick things up, and look so fascinated at it. She sees my tying desk and sees a few necks, some thread, a few tools, and hooks, yet she walked into their tying room, and seen racks of feathers, deer hair, threads, foam, and various other supplies. I love it when kids now adays are so enthused about the out doors. Part of if may be she's never really seen so many things like this before, but it was all so cute. I'd be looking for something, she'd ask if this is what I was looking for, then hand me 4 different varieties n ask 'is this enough?'
So far I haven't had time to do any deer hair patterns yet. Been cutting out alot of beavertail bodies with this new foam cutter. I really like it cause I've been able to cut up to 4 layers thick of 2mm foam, and knock out alot of bodies at once. With all these bass bugs, and hoppers, the water had better start dropping soon. Went down to look at the water the other day, and it was running fast n dirty. So I probably won't get to wet a line for about another 2 weeks at least to let the water clear up.
Well, I'm off to tie some more hoppers, and possibly break into my new stash of deer hair, n see what new bugs I can come up with. Until next time, have a great season, and tight lines.

No comments: