Tuesday, May 3, 2011

nice spring day

I've been out a handfull of times in the last few days. My girlfriends daughters were here for spring break last week. Although we didnt get to go fishing much due to bad weather, we did manage to get in a trip on saturday. Headed down to the lake to fish for abit before they were getting tired of all the mud, then we decided to head back into town to the castle so they could play around abit as well
Well, it was cold n breezy n not much going on as far as bites either. I threw everything I had at the fish that day, clousers, deer hair bass bugs, wooly worms, crawfish, and didnt get a nibble. So yesterday I went down to a spot that I found near My girlfriends job, and decided to throw out a line for abit. Ended up using some wooly worms, and a few hopper patterns, and finally ended up catching a bluegill that was so small, that the entire fish fit in the palm of my hand.
I need to get to the fly shop n get some new lines, as well as possibly an 8wt fly rod set up. I've been seeing alot about the shark lines lately, and think I might outfit at least one reel with it to check it out n see if the lines all it's cracked up to be. All I can say is that my 5wt line is so old it cant even keep a good grease on it anymore. I cast 10 ft, and it takes all the effort I got to get it to roll over properly, much less go any further.
Well with any luck by the time the weather is cooperating, and the fish start to really bite, I can afford to get a few new fly lines, and perhaps an 8wt rod n reel so my 5wt dont become a snapped twig when I get that first big bass of the year.

No comments: