Thursday, November 24, 2011

Too much work bums the fishbum

   I love to work, I really do, But...there is a serious lack of being a hooker going on. I mean, I tie flies, I'm buying the goodies to start building rods, but I don't have anytime with work to do any fishing at all. I'm actually glad I didn't buy a kayak this last summer, I never would have had a chance to use it.
   It really sucks too, watching all these fishing videos of guys out on the water catching these huge fish, and all I'm  catching is hell at work when I turn around. The good news is I have a rod building jig, not to mention I just bought some epoxy, and mixing cups to I can get My supplies together before starting My first build.
   I think I'm gonna build an 8wt for My first rod, then we'll see if it's just something I like to do, or if it's another addiction I have in My bag of tricks. The good news is that it's winter time. That means stocking up on the fly boxes, building a few new rods (crosses My leaders...lol), and buying some new gear to play with this next years season.
   I really need to make it up to Cleveland this year if I can make it up there, and go do some steelhead fishing. Time to go slay some chrome. It's the one fish I've always wanted to go catch, but never had the chance to get out and try to catch.

No comments: