Monday, November 28, 2011

ebay rod blanks

   I'm not sure if it's a safe bet, or not yet. On one hand, I'm saying it would be worth it to score a cheap blank for My first build. If I mess it up, and spend less then 20$ on the blank, I'd come out ahead if I mess it up right? On the other hand, Im thinking what if I do a perfect job on this blank, and it's got pits, uneven finish, and worse yet...a weak blank that cant take the stress of a fish?
   I'm really debating on whether, or not to do it. I guess I could, and even if it comes out nice (insert a smiley face rolling around on the ground here), I can still hang it on the wall as My first rod building trophy. On the other hand, I've been looking at cabela's and have found some very nice 8wt kits, that come complete with everything needed, and are reasonably priced.
   So....here is MY thinking( again insert rofl smiley face here). I get the complete kit.....AND I get a few blanks on flea bay in case I actually do a great job, so I'm ahead of the game so to speak for My next builds. All I will need to do afterwards is get  some guides, and handles, and the rest as they say is history. Guess we'll just have to wait n see what santa brings  Me I guess. Tight lines.

No comments: